Have you ever considered if you’re setting clear expectations properly with your teams? Are any of your followers not clear on what they should be working on? You may not know until it’s too late.
Tips for setting clear expectations
1. If you’re working on a project, make sure to share your schedules with your teams.
2. Provide tasks with dates that need completed and the number of hours the person has
3. Have weekly status or checkpoint meetings and review tasks and completion datees
4. Be very direct when communicating expectations. Have people repeat it so there is agreement of understanding
5. Follow up with documentation via email of the expectation. This alleviates any misunderstandings.
Setting clear expectations is critical for your teams and followers so they understand what is expected of them. Some examples are to agree on what deliverables are needed and when they are due. Sounds simple but there are many leaders that don’t do this, and their people suffer from not knowing exactly what needs done. Set clear expectations and watch your teams improve performance!
Sign up for my newsletter on the right for more content delivered right to your inbox! Thank you!