Over the weekend I met with a good friend of mine at www.anytimedrama.com regarding how to help them improve their search engine ranking campaign. So, I decided to share it with the world. Hopefully it can help a new person understand the basics. If you research and understand these concepts, you’ll be well on your way to moving up your site in Google rankings!
Search Engine Ranking Campaign Overview
This document explains the key concepts in order to understand what is needed to improve Google search engine results. The goal is to obtain #1 ranking on Google for targeted keywords.
Search Engine Selection
- Each engine requires different plans of attack.
- We will target Google during this campaign
Search Engine Results
- You want to be #1 on Google search results
- Higher the position, the higher amount of visits to your website
- The biggest factor in determining your success of obtaining #1 in Google
- Analyze and select the right keywords for success
- Target low hanging fruit keywords first as you build your empire
- Authoritative source of information
- 1 through 10, 10 being the best.
- Google checks the web to see if other sites have links to you
- One of the most important parts of raising search result score
- Get backlinks on high page rank sites (Example, cnn.com is 9/10)
- Get backlinks on good quality sites. Not bobsbackyardburgers.com
- It doesn’t look good to Google if your site stays static.
- You must start a blog on your site
- Set a schedule and stick to it. 1/week, 2/week.
- Content doesn’t have to be phenomenal each post
- Must create the content properly so Google picks up the keywords etc
- Target keywords in the right order as you build your page rank and backlinks
- Install on your site, use for tracking # visitors
- Many detailed reports. You can see how this investment is working
Becoming a Market Leader
- Sounds overwhelming right? Remember you’re targeting keywords
- Find similar content sites that have discussion boards.
- Interact with users without selling your site. Your site link will be in your profile
- Help people without thinking about your business. They will view your profile, visit your site and already “know” you.
To improve your search engine ranking campaign, follow this guideline, research the topics and take a small amount of time each day to work on your site rankings. Over time you will see your site continue to move up the ladder. Good luck!